Monday, January 19, 2015

Friends from Ukraine

It was the venue of the Belgaum International Kite Festival 2015, where i met my new friends from Ukraine - Vladimir Emelianov and his daughter Natalia Emelianov, both Kite flyers from Skadovsk, Ukraine. 
I met Vladimir, when he was just preparing his kite for flying. 

VLADIMIR EMELIANOV WITH HIS UKRAINIAN FLAG THEME FLAG 
I had been a great supporter of the erstwhile Soviet Republics and Russia from childhood. I always adore the culture and people from the erstwhile USSR. Vladimir was surprised when i started speaking about Ukraine and other Soviet Republics. When asked about the situation in Ukraine, after Russia - Ukraine conflict , he says the situation has calm down and is under control. Good for mutual peace and friendship between both the countries. 

VLADIMIR EMELIANOV POSING FOR ME 
The best moment of amusement was the moment when i asked his name, he took his card for me and said his name is "Vladimir Putin", although his surname is Emelianov, same on his card too, he laughed all the way just for fun. A Jolly natured Vladimir told me a total of three Ukrainian Kite flyers were here in Belgaum as a part of the Ukrainian Kite Flying team. - Himself. his daughter - Natalia Emelianov and Oleh Zhovnarenko. 

Some pics of Vladimir and his team : 

VLADIMIR AND HIS DAUGHTER NATALIA (EXTREME RIGHT) SEEN ON THE STAGE DURING INAUGURATION OF THE KITE FESTIVAL
VLADIMIR AT THE UKRAINIAN CAMP
OLEH ZHOVNARENKO AT THE UKRANIAN CAMP 
VLADIMIR EMELIANOV (LEFT) AND OLEH ZHOVNARENKO (RIGHT) POSING FOR ME 
OLEH ZHOVNARENKO POSING FOR ME 
OLEH ZHOVNARENKO FLYING HIS KITE 

It was a memorable moment when Vladimir took out his Ukraine flag themed badge and hooked it on my T-Shirt saying 
"Friend, I am giving you this badge as a token of love and friendship on behalf of the people of Ukraine. Please do wear it whenever and wherever you can so that you remember me always"
I was totally moved by the words, I really thank Vladimir for such a precious gift. Here is a collage that i made of Vladmir with his gift - a heart shaped Ukranian Flag themed Badge : 

A COLLAGE I MADE OF VLADIMIR AND HIS GIFT TO ME 

Vladimir also introduced me to his daughter and his fellow Kite Flyer : Natalia, a beautiful gentle lady. It was one of the nice moments of my life, to have met such beautiful and nice people from Republic of Ukraine. I hope to meet them again soon 

VLADIMIR WITH HIS DAUGHTER NATALIA

No comments:

Post a Comment